Holiday Lights Contest Official Rules
CD One Price Cleaners Holiday Lights Contest Official Rules:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
CD One Price Cleaners Holiday Lights Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by CD One Price Cleaners, 2205 Enterprise Drive, suite 502, Westchester, IL 60154 and administered on Facebook (the “Administrator”). For the purposes of the Contest, the “Contest Group” is composed of the Sponsor and the Administrator, together with their affiliates and related companies, including without limitation their parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Contest, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Contest and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest starts on December 15, 2019 at 5:01:00 am Central Standard Time (“CST”) and ends on December 19, 2019 at 11:59:00 pm CST (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. All participants must (a) be at least 21 years of age or older, at the time of entry; (b) possess a valid form of identification; and, (c) be a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, or Minnesota. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited, restricted. Excluded from eligibility are officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of Contest Group, each of its respective parent, affiliated or related companies, agencies, suppliers of the materials and services related to this Contest, and members of any immediate families (defined as parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live) or households (whether or not related) of such officers, directors, employees, agents and sales representatives and any individuals who have won a prize from Sponsor within during the six (6) months immediately prior to the commencement of the Contest Period ( collectively above, the “Eligibility Criteria”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Internet access required at your cost. An individual meeting the Eligibility Criteria may enter the Contest during the Contest Period in one of two ways (each method an “Entry,” collectively, the “Entries”):
(i) Online: During the Contest Period:
Upload a picture of your home with holiday decorations as a comment on the contest post.
(ii) By Mail - To enter by mail, without purchase or obligation, send your name, address, city, state, zip code and day and evening telephone numbers with area code hand-printed on a 3” x 5”piece of paper. On the reverse side of the 3” x 5” paper hand-print “CD One Price Cleaners Holiday Lights” Contest. In addition, mail your completed Contest entry in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to CD One Marketing Team at 2205 Enterprise Dr #502, Westchester, IL 60154. Mail Entries must be postmarked by December 19, 2019 and received by December 21, 2019.
Maximum of 1 entry per person. By submitting an Entry, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to abide by these Official Rules. Your Entry must adhere to the Eligibility Criteria listed above or your Entry will be void and ineligible for entry into the Contest. Entry must be submitted by the entrant him or herself. Any attempt to exceed the maximum number of Entries per person is a violation of these Official Rules and may result in disqualification. Use of automated devices is prohibited; automated Entries (including but not limited to Entries submitted using any robot, script, macro or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification.
No mechanical reproductions or facsimiles of entries allowed. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
The Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, damaged, mutilated, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or postage due mail entries, or for incorrect or inaccurate entry information utilized in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest should causes beyond the control of the Sponsor impair the administration or proper play of the Contest and, in such case, to award the prize from among all eligible entries received by in-store and by mail-in prior to the date of cancellation/suspension of the mail-in portion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ENTITITES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
1. HOW TO WIN. On or about December 21 2019 (the “Draw Date”) in Chicago, Illinois, a random draw will be conducted by Contest Group or its designee, from all eligible Entries that are timely received in accordance with Section 3 to select one (1) Grand Prize winner. See Prize Claim Conditions in Rule 5 below. Odds of being selected as eligible to win a Prize in this Contest will depend on the total number of eligible Entries timely received in accordance with Section 3. Prizes will be awarded by random draw and there will be no geographically apportioned distribution of the Prizes.
2. PRIZE CLAIM CONDITIONS. Entrants selected as potential winners (“Potential Winners”) are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Each Potential Winner will be notified by Contest Group within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the Draw Date at the email account provided by Entrant on his or her Entry.In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must:
(i) complete and return to Contest Group (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written affidavit of eligibility (or declaration and release) and publicity release form (collectively, the “Release”), releasing the Contest Group from any liability in connection with this Contest or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; and
(ii) complete all tax documentation required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the Potential Winner resides (“Tax Documentation”).
The Contest Group will attempt to notify each Potential Winner a maximum of two (2) times. If a Potential Winner does not respond within three (3) calendar days of first attempt by Contest Group or its agent, Contest Group will make a second and final attempt to notify the Potential Winner. Return of any Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach a Potential Winner or failure of a Potential Winner to respond to notification within three (3) calendar days of second attempt by Contest Group or its agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release documents, Tax Documentation or other required documentation in a timely manner, or other non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Contest Group’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited Prize at random from all remaining eligible Entries received, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- PRIZES. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner. Limit: one (1) prize per eligible entrant.
- Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of $500 in cash, which will be sent via check. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $500.
Total ARV of all Prizes: $500
ARVs are correct at date of publication of these Official Rules, but may be subject to change. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value will not be paid to the winner.
The Prize will be delivered only to verified winners. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted or transferred; except that Contest Group reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or any element thereof for a prize of equal or greater monetary value, in cash or otherwise, at its sole discretion, if the Grand Prize, or any component of the Grand Prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Contest Group will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
Winners will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local of all applicable jurisdictions) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any Prize. Any person winning $600 or more worth of prizes from Sponsor in a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 after the end of the calendar year in which the prizes were awarded, and copy of such form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or such other tax form as may be required by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the winner resides.
Grand Prize Additional Terms and Conditions: GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
The Grand Prize winner understands and agrees that Contest Group has the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize winner from any activity at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize winner’s at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Contest Group or otherwise violates the policies of the Contest Group, and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial, and local taxes, and tariffs, of all applicable jurisdictions and any other expenses related to the prize.
The Grand Prize winner assumes all responsibility for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the prize that may be sustained by Grand Prize winner. Prizes are not transferable. Contest Group reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner agrees to Contest Group’s use of his/her name, city/state/province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity Contest Group may conduct relating to the Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law.
- RIGHT TO VOID / TERMINATE / SUSPEND / MODIFY. Contest Group reserves the right to suspend or modify this Contest, or these Official Rules, in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation if, in Contest Group’s sole opinion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Contest, or any part thereof, is not capable of running as planned for any legitimate reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, programming errors, or technical failures, which, in the sole opinion of Contest Group, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Contest Group may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect Entries and: (a) terminate the Contest, or any portion thereof; (b) modify or suspend the Contest, or any portion thereof, to address the impairment and then resume the Contest, or relevant portion, in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to the time of the impairment in accordance with the winner selection criteria discussed above.
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winning a Prize is contingent on fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein. All Entries and prize claims are subject to verification. Proof of Entry submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules. Decisions of Contest Group will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, of all applicable jurisdictions. Contest Group reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. Contest Group’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return to Contest Group his/her prize, or the cash value thereof. Contest Group reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Contest and/or Contest websites or apps, violates the Official Rules, or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND CONTEST GROUP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person who submitted any Entry, the authorized account holder of Facebook account used to submit the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person that owns or controls the email account associated with the winning Facebook account. A Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & RELEASES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CONTEST GROUP HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND ENTRANTS SHALL HOLD THE CONTEST GROUP HARMLESS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM (A) ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITES, (B) ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONALITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR PRIZE DELIVERY, OR (C) THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. CONTEST GROUP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNDELIVERED E-MAILS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION E-MAILS THAT ARE NOT RECEIVED BECAUSE OF A WINNER’S PRIVACY OR SPAM FILTER SETTINGS WHICH MAY DIVERT ANY NOTIFICATION OR OTHER E-MAIL, INCLUDING ANY WINNER NOTIFICATION E-MAIL, TO A SPAM OR JUNK FOLDER.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest Group and any of Sponsor’s other Licensors agencies, suppliers or contractors, shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information that is caused by Contest website users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest; (b) lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, service provider, on-line systems, telephone networks or telephone lines, or any other connections; (c) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (d) any problems with, or malfunctions or failures of, telephone networks or lines, computers or computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (e) garbled transmissions or miscommunications; (f) failure of any e-mail to be received by or from the Contest Group for any reason, including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof or technical incompatibility; (g) damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware) occasioned by participation or downloading of materials related to this Contest; (h) printing, distribution, programming or production errors, and any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (i) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- FACEBOOK RELEASE AND DISCLAIMER. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the Contest, each entrant is providing information to Contest Group and not to Facebook. By entering the Contest each entrant hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless Facebook completely from any liability in respect of the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest will be directed to Contest Group and not Facebook.
2. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. You agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by any state or federal court located in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and the Contest Group in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
3. IDENTITY OF WINNER. To obtain the identity of the winners, please mail your request, together with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: [MARKETING TEAM 2205 Enterprise Dr Suite 502 Westchester, IL 60154] Requests must be received by December 31, 2019.
4.SPONSOR CONTACT INFORMATION.
CD One Price Cleaners,
2205 Enterprise Drive,
DO NOT SEND MAIL IN ENTRIES OR REQUESTS FOR WINNERS LISTS TO THIS ADDRESS.