Privacy Statement to Our Customers
Scope of This Policy
Last Updated: June 13, 2016
Many CD Stores are independently owned and operated by franchisees (“Franchisees”). This Policy does not apply to our Franchisees’ collection, use, disclosure or treatment of information.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you, from Franchisees, and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services, or your visit to or orders placed at a CD Store.
Information We Collect Directly. We collect information from you when you register on our Site, download our App, visit a CD One Store or use certain Services. The information that we collect about you may include your name, business and home contact information such as phone, email, and address, as well as your preferences and purchase history. We also collect information, including name and contact information, when you sign up for contests or promotions, complete questionnaires or surveys, or otherwise submit comments on our Services In addition, if you make a purchase or schedule a pickup, we will collect your payment information (including credit card details).
Location Information. When you schedule a pickup or request a delivery via our mobile dry cleaning delivery service (whether via the Site or App) we collect your geolocation information.
Information We Collect Automatically. We also may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services (including our App) through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; page views; links you click; IP address; location information; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; referring URL; access date and time; mobile device ID; location and language information; device name and model; operating system type, name, and version; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged into our Services. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use your information, including personal information, as follows:
- To identify which of our services may be of interest to you;
- To fulfill requests for information;
- To notify you when your clothes are ready for pickup at a CD Store and provide other information about your orders;
- To improve our Services, the products and services that CD Stores offer and the CD Store customer experience, and to develop new products and services;
- To administer our contests, promotions and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, and to comply with legal requirements;
- To personalize your experience with the Services or in a CD Store;
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address or phone number via call or text, to solicit feedback, send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising CD Stores’ services on third party websites;
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, and in-store services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes; and For other purposes where required by law or consented to by you.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your information, including your personal information, as follows:
- Users of Our Services. Any comments or other information that you post to our Services, or that you submit to us as feedback, may be available to all other users. We may post all or part of any comment that you provide us (whether via phone, text, the Site, App, email or other method). However, we will not use your full name in any of your comments or feedback posted by us to the Site.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us. These service providers may only use the information we share with them on our behalf, in order to provide services to us.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to affiliates and subsidiaries of CD One; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your information will be subject to this Policy.
- Franchisees. If you submit feedback to us related to any order you have placed through a Franchisee-owned CD One Store, the relevant Franchisee can see that feedback including your name, contact information and order details.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
Cookies and Other Tracking
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of Site visitors and App users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
You may opt-out of many Ad Networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members, and your choices regarding these Ad Networks, please visit the NAI website. Opting out of one or more NAI member Ad Networks only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you, based on your visits to multiple websites. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. Additional information is available on the NAI website websites accessible by the above links.
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you, as well as transactional emails (such as order notifications and feedback requests). You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets
Portions of our Services, as well as surveys and other requests that we send to you via email or other method, may request or permit you to submit comments, feedback and other content; any information that you submit via one of these methods may be viewable to other visitors to our Site. We cannot prevent this information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy.
Third Party Links and Access to Site
The Services may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
Correcting, Amending, and Deleting Personal Information
You may modify any account information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your information. You may also delete your account if you like. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time.
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.